Thursday, October 06, 2005

That Burger King Guy is scary and the NHL is back!

The King - Burger, that is...

I don't eat at Burger King.

Actually, I don't eat anything where the word "king" is involved. Chicken Ala King? Forget it. King Crab? Nope. The way I look at, we overthrew the king two hundred plus years ago.

With that in mind, anybody see those new Burger King commercials? You know, the ones with the freaked-out looking guy in the king outfit, complete with tights, and a "king" mask that looks like it came straight out of a horror film? Man, that guy freaks me out. Note to Burger King: Since when did B-grade horror movie costumes sell Whoppers? Get that freak off the screen.

Although, the King does make a good NFL Safety.

Hey BK...change your name to "Burger President" and I am so there.

The NHL is back!

I am pretty happy that the NHL is back. Sure, I was pisssed off last year. I mean, come on now. They cancelled an entire season. I watched the Opening Night of the season the other night with the glee of a 7-year old opening up a pack of Pokemon cards. Yep, I missed hockey. I sped through all the games being shown on the NHL Center Ice packages (which was all the games) with all the professionalism of a man who knows his way around the TV remote. I like the new rules. The game flowed well, allowing for open skating without all the clutching, grabbing and hooking of the past. I really think this will work.

GO WINGS!

Buddy Culver is still rockin'!

I am still doing my indie music podcast, "The Buddy Culver Show", located here -- http://www.buddyculver.com I can't believe I've put out 22 podcasts since March. For those of you still not familiar with podcasts, they are a radio-style show, pre-recorded, that you can listen to online via your PC or by subscribing to it and listening to it on an iPod or mp3 player. The listnership has grown steadily since I started and I am completely amazed at the loyalty of the listeners. It just goes to prove that their is a market out there for independent bands and artists that record companies and commercial radio just don't take seriously.

Are you in a band or know someone who is that puts out original music? Send them to http://www.buddyculvercom and have 'em contact me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

display your RSS feeds on their web sites for content.

Anonymous said...

Think that will drive you some extra traffic?

Anonymous said...

I was searching the web and found your entry That Burger King Guy is scary and the NHL is back! I really like your site and found it worth while reading through the posts. I am looking to publish a comprehensive site reviewing many different articles and blogg. Please feel free to take a look at my blog at scuba gear online and add anything your want.