Friday, February 01, 2008

Some musings...

  • I swear the older I get the more I can't stand the winter. Here in Michigan, it drags on and on and on...
  • On the XM radio right now...Channel: Fred (oldies alternative) Artist: The Damned Song: Smash it Up. Good stuff. Followed up by The Smith's "Girlfriend in a Coma"...
  • I really need to do a podcast. Its been nearly 3 months. I love jamming indie music and helping out bands in anyway, shape or form, but if I can't research the band and do a good show, then I don't do the show, period. Time to make some time...
  • I've been averaging 2-2.25 miles a day (30 minutes) on the treadmill. It definetely makes a difference.
  • This TV writer's strike is now starting to bug me. Why? Because the networks are starting to unlease a barrage of reality shows on us. I hate reality shows.
  • The weather forecasters called for 10 inches of snow today. We got three. How can they fug up forecasts that bad when they have all this sophistacted radar and computer guidance modeling crap?
  • Enough of putting an "i" in front of things. The iPod started it and it should stay there.
  • I think I'll take golf lessons this spring.
  • We've had the Nintendo Wii system for 6 months now. I still dig the bowling. It never gets old to me.
  • Bell's Winter White is a vastly underrated beer. It should be their spring beer instead of Oberon and at 4.5% ABV makes for a great session beer. Think Blue Moon Belgian White, but with more flavor.
  • Why are frozen dinners, the kind you buy in the grocey store's frozen food section, always so small? You need two of them to fill you up. So much for "Lean" cuisine.
  • Duck breast wrapped in maple bacon and grilled is incredible.
  • I don't think I've ever been this excited for the baseball season to start. Let's go winter over already. Go Tigers!!!
  • I have a Flavorwave Oven (As Seen on TV) and I'm not afraid to use it. Seriously, the thing rocks. I cooked frozen solid Tilapia perfectly in 12 minutes the other night. I've cooked steaks, burgers, chicken (parts and whole), bacon and pork loin/chops on it. Whether frozen or thawed, everything has been great. I'm a believer.
  • I will blog more often. I promise.

1 comment:

Brad B. said...

Hi Darren, fun site - hopefully the podcasts will pick up again.

Station Fred on XM - Good.

Reality TV - Bad.

Bell's Winter White - On my "to buy" list. - thanks!