Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Super Bowl (or how will we live without football for months on end?)

The Super Bowl is over.

Sigh.

I'm a sports junkie. Whether it be football, baseball (GoTigers!), hockey (I go to Red Wings games alot), or basketball, I'll watch it.

But there is something "missing" this time of year. When the last second runs off the clock in The Super Bowl, we are left with 2 months of hockey and basketball (and of course, NASCAR, but that's a topic for another blog).

Its not enough.

We need a longer football season!

Yeah, that'll make wives around the country happy, but hey, it'll make for some happy men.

As for the actual Super Bowl, it was good to see the Giants pull the upset over the Patriots. My son hit two quarters in his school "numbers" game and "wins" no homework for part of the week. Good work outta him. The last Giants score cost me a few bucks as I had the numbers up until then, but its all good.

I gotta send a shoutout to Tommy Z (ZMAN) from Jersey. His Giants won the game and he was able to avoid getting his head shaved. You see, he made a bet with the boys from the Ron & Fez show on XM radio (channel 202 - The Virus) and made a "hair vs. hair" bet straight up with no points. And, like a man, he took the bet. He was relieved (and very happy I might add) when the G-Men won the game. Not only did his beloved Giants win the Super Bowl, but he keeps his locks. And, word is, he'll be getting a pilot show on XM radio soon. Rock on, ZMAN, rock on.

I think I'll make some kind of bet like that or similar if the Detroit Lions lose the Super Bowl.

Oh wait, the pieces of shee-at haven't won more than one playoff game in fifty years.

Well, there is next year...LOL

Buddy Culver still rocks...a new show will be out soon I promise: http://www.buddyculver.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude!

I was browsing some very old websites and found your site. Great to see you are still out there musing! And you're hitting the treadmill..fantastic! Me, I'm preparing for marathon number 6...I refuse to get old!

Go Reds!
(the guy who was "jogger" many years ago..)

runrjim@yahoo.com