Friday, February 26, 2010

Let them party!

Congratulations to the Canadian woman's team on their 2-0 victory over the USA and subsequently, winning the gold medal.

Of course I was rooting for the USA gals, but hey, hockey is a religion in Canada.  The game is tied to the identity of the people, so anything less than gold and its a failure in their eyes.

Anyhow, post victory, the Canadian woman decided to return to the ice with their medals, Cuban cigars and some ice cold Molson Canadian beer.    

Any problem with this?

Not from me.  I thought the celebration was cool.

However, the International Olympic Committee and the Canadian Olympic Committee, and their national media are up in arms.  How could they set such a "poor" example for others by smoking cigars and drinking beer?

Oh please.

Stick your political correctness up you ass and move along.  They were just celebrating a hard-fought, lifelong dream of winning an Olympic gold medal.  Leave 'em alone.

Man, I'm so sick and tired of crap like this.

I am hoping the USA men's team can beat Finland and then Canada for a second time (talk about  a nearly impossible task). I then hope to see them smoke some stogies and imbibe in some beers post-victory too.  :-)  Honestly, I'll be 100% shocked if USA were to beat both Finland and Canada and win the gold.

No comments: